Programmes Offered: M. Sc. (Food Technology)
Duration: 2 Years/ 4 Semesters
Intake Capacity: 19+6 Self-financed Seats
1. B.Sc. Food Technology/ Biotechnology. B.Sc. Agriculture/ B.V.Sc and A.H. B.Sc. Pharmaceutical Science. B.Tech (Food Tech.) or B. Sc. (Horticulture) or B.Sc. with Nutrition & Dietetics
2. B.Sc. Medical/ Non-Medical with all existing combinations. B.Sc. Home Science with Food Science/ Human Nutrition as one of the subjects
Degree: Ph. D. (Food Technology)
Eligibility: M.Sc./ M.Tech. Food Technology
Mode of selection: NET/SET/GATE qualified or Entrance exam
- The students are enabled to provide all technical advice for establishing a food processing unit at the end of the course.
- The trained graduates are enabled to lead a team in raw material procurement, production or quality control and marketing departments of a food processing unit.
- The postgraduates are educated to identify opportunities in food processing depending on the availability of raw materials in the region.